Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thing 10 More on RSS feeds (searching for them)

Now, that we've been introduced to RSS feeds and their readers, the next step is how to keep going from there---finding feeds on your own.


http://vbpl2point0.blogspot.com/2007/11/thing-10-locate-few-useful-library.html


This assignment gave us several websites (search engines for feeds) to find feeds. Feedster is not working (under construction). I found this assignment harder to do and a little frustrating because I don't use the internet for news to begin with, and the sites I visit regularly don't have feeds or feeds aren't useful to the site. I tried topix.com and syndic8.com, but I think I would rather use Google to search for sites I would be interested in rather than try to find a feed that might have what I'm looking for. A lot of the search results were to blogs, of which I have no interest in reading. Probably the best way for me to find feeds is word of mouth or from sites I do visit.

No comments: