Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Thing 24 Podcasts

Next task of this week's Things is podcasts. Details and useless links at (the links don't work or are being blocked):

http://vbpl2point0.blogspot.com/2007/12/thing-24-discover-some-useful-search.html

I don't care for RSS feeds or blogs, and I find myself not interested in podcasts and vodcasts. After wading through bad links, useless links, and blocked webpage messages, I found a couple of podcasts to listen to, and I can't see why people waste time to listen to these rambles. Maybe they're the ones who are interested in talk shows and radio shows to begin with.

I don't know about podcasts being useful, except in the way this whole "2.0" trend with user-provided content being the in thing. People want to hear and see info provided by other users. If the library took advantage of this tool as a way to market itself, maybe people will want to hear people who are part of the library talk about it, giving it a voice and more personal touch.

No comments: