Monday, January 14, 2008

Thing 29 Learning 2.0 Experience

Well, the Learning 2.0 program is about over. Learning about new tools is over, and now it's just what you think of the program and all that jazz. Wow, 12 weeks already passed. I'm glad for the opportunity to play with and experience these so-called Web 2.0 tools. I already knew about some of these tools before I knew they were part of the Web 2.0 category---Myspace, Facebook, Youtube, Del.icio.us, IM, eBay/Amazon.com, and I'll continue using them after this program is over. I like taking pictures and editing them, so the image generators will probably be something I want to look at again, and it's the only new thing (and maybe Library Thing, if I decide to pay for it) I'll want to explore. I don't care too much about RSS feeds, podcasts, Technorati, Flickr (my picture still won't show up under a tag search), Rollyo, wikis. I really could do without all the new accounts to keep track of. The social component to a lot of these Web 2.0 sites can consume a lot of time, and you really have to pick and choose where you want to spend your time. A year ago, before joining Myspace and Facebook, I would have more time to spend on other things.

For all the issues I have about this Learning 2.0 course, it still has assisted with my lifelong learning. It's great to be given a chance to learn about these new tools, especially since I probably might not have come across them on my own because I do hear about things by word of mouth. Myspace, youtube, Library Thing---I heard about these before the Learning 2.0 course, and they were from friends who said have a look and try it out!

I checked out a few blogs, and I guess it can be interesting to read about what other people think, especially people you know. Sometimes, I want to read more about what they think (yeah, I write a lot, too much maybe), but blogs are supposed to be short :P

No comments: