Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thing 28 Rollyo

Rollyo can keep on rolling by. The last task for this week is to explore Rollyo. Rollyo takes social bookmarking up another notch. You can group the websites you use into categories and then search for info by groups of sites instead of just using Google and coming up with irrelevant search results. Details here:


http://vbpl2point0.blogspot.com/2008/01/thing-28-roll-your-own-search-tool-with.html



I don't use the Internet to just browse for info and don't find myself that interested in Rollyo. Usually, I have specific sites I use to look for info, and they aren't so numerous that I can't just go to the site itself. I was bored with this tool and don't see myself using it much, personally. There is potential for this kind of tool---like the library collecting websites for certain topics and putting them together so customers can just go to a search engine having those sites. The library already has a web links section ( http://www.vbgov.com/vgn.aspx?vgnextoid=93515bdd8cd5c010VgnVCM1000006310640aRCRD&channel=true )---maybe Rollyo is the next step up. Instead of searching each site for a question, a customer could use Rollyo to search all of the sites. There's always potential for tools, but this tool's not for me!

No comments: