Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thing 22 Flickr and mashups

The final Flickr task entails going a step beyond just posting pictures online with more social networking type tools. There are other programs that can allow you to play with your digital pictures in many different ways. These programs are called mashups, and they are created by the users for other users. This week's task asks us to look at the programs and play with them. Details at:

http://vbpl2point0.blogspot.com/2007/12/thing-22-have-some-flickr-fun-and.html

I was a little bored with this task. I guess I didn't have enough pictures to really play with or have something in mind to do with them. Plus, there were so many applications available. I looked at the Color Pickr and the trading card creator. It was kind of neat to see different pictures being grouped by color. Still, I don't know how pictures got pulled (a program doing it or the user looking for it??). I also looked at the mosaic feature available. It's neat, but some people must have too much time on their hand to be putting something like this together. The trading card maker was neat. It's an extension of customized greeting cards, and this I had fun with choosing a design and trying to decide on what to put on the card. It would be a neat thing to do for family/friends or to make up your card game. I emailed myself a copy of the card I made but never got it.

No comments: